Monday, January 5, 2009

First Night State College



Centre Daily Times Photos By Michelle Bixby

New Year's Eve 2008 was a crazy day for me. The night before, my car battery decided to die before I had to drive to a basketball assignment, then I discovered that the problem couldn't have been the battery because the new one I installed didn't solve the problem. Luckily my best friend Josh was willing to lug me around for a few days. I was told to go to downtown State College and take bunches of photos of the festivities. One hour before I was due to be in the newsroom I was told that i would need at least 7-9 publishable photos. I had planned to turn in 3-4. So I went into turbo mode and took as many interesting photos as I could find. Six photos were published in all (two on the front page and four on an interior color pictorial page. Needless to say, I was pleased with myself.

No comments: