Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Penn State Big Ten Championship

Centre Daily Times photo by Michelle Bixby

Penn State defensive tackle Jarod Odrick kisses the Big Ten Championship trophy after the Nittany Lions defeated Michigan State 49-18 at Beaver Stadium on Saturday.

Ah yes... to be so lucky to cover the Penn State Big Ten Championship game. As a Penn State Alumna, I was stoked! I wasn't stoked, however, about the 20 degree weather with a wind chill that would leave you frostbitten and nearly hypothermic. I couldn't feel my toes or my fingers for the majority of the game despite the several hand warmers stuffed in my shoes and gloves. But oh, to be able to brag to my friends that I was on the sidelines to not only witness Penn State's big win, but to photograph it! It was worth standing in the frigid cold for 3 and a half hours... it really was.

No comments: